How to do Amazon Product Research Using Helium 10
What is Helium 10?
I recently used Helium 10 to complete Amazon product research. I was setting up an Amazon store for a client who wanted to sell on Amazon and had to spend time getting to grips with this tool. I was shocked that there was no step by step guide detailing how to optimise a product listing and do relevant keyword research using Helium 10. So I decided to create this guide!
For writing this post Helium 10 kindly provided these discount codes for any reader that wants to get started with Helium 10.
Use code: JESSICA50 for 50% off your first month.
Use code: JESSICA10 for 10% off every month.
How to do Amazon product keyword research using Helium 10
- Go Incognito on Google.
- Enter your initial search term into Amazon.co.uk.
- See initially what comes up.
- Open up excel and start a spreadsheet.
- Make a note of any initial keywords which come up which are relevant.
- Then search for the top keyword and select the top product. This will be our competitor product.
- Use the CEREBRO tool in Helium 10. Enter the ASIN number and look at the top keywords. Export the list of keywords into Excel. Filter by the organic keywords. Rank in order of there CEREBRO score. The higher the score the more likely we are to rank for those keywords.
- Highlight the most relevant keywords from the top of the list. Use common sense!
- You can also use the MAGNET tool. Make sure you filter by organic keywords.
- Once you have 10-20 keywords add them to the initial keyword tab. This tab will feature all the keywords we want to rank for that product.
- Save the spreadsheet.
- Use the Helium 10 Scribbles Listing optimiser. Enter your keywords or phrases in the left hand side. Then start to write your listing. (Remember to regularly save it.)
- Make sure that you optimise the keywords for the listing.
Helium 10 Product Research
If you couldn’t get to grips with my step by step guide above, then Helium 10 have their own guide for completing product research. You can view it here.
Helium 10 Training
If you decide that Helium 10 is the amazon product research tool for you you can check out their PRO training.